Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Israel- the terrorist.

A Lebanese volunteer carries a child killed in an Israeli air raid in Qana, 6 km (4 miles) from the port-city of Tyre (Soure) in south Lebanon, July 30, 2006. REUTERS/Zohra Bensemra (LEBANON)


Downing St. has just rejected Foreign office calls to ask for a ceasefire in the middle east.

Now, why would that be?

Who is a terrorist- a government legally, democratically elected by its people holding hostage 2 people to bargain for its own OR the government who sits on a land not originally theirs and killing hundreds of people, bombing buildings full of children?

It is extremely shocking that there is virtually no world reaction to Israel bombing the crap out of Lebanon. It is not shocking in the case of US but thoroughly disappointing. Most Americans, even though they cover themselves with politically correct language and actions, are still racist and more importantly, non-secular. Muslims, to them, are terrorists- the prima facie evidence, of course, is that Osama bin Laden is Muslim.

About a century or so ago, Jews faced much of the same problem- of prejudice (not of being labeled terrorists). Still, generations change, people forget.

The only country that has the political, financial influence to stop this bloodshed is America. That is a fact.

Can the individual leaders in this country then, look beyond their own careers and ask for a ceasefire?

I hope- yes.
I know- not.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just happened to come across your blog here and just had to comment on this one. How can anyone as smart as you seem to be, be so stupid? The caption under the picture says, "A Lebanese volunteer carries a child killed in an Israeli air raid..." Umm, when was the last time you saw a dead person who was able to raise their arm? If the kid was dead his left arm would be hanging by his side. It's not rigor, the kid just "died" a few moments ago. His arm is not resting on the mans chest, look at the shadow. It's clearly up in the air. Now I'm not saying that I don't feel for the children who are hurt or "killed" during stupid attacks like this, however if you are going to try to make a point using pictures at least make sure that the picture clearly represents what you are trying to get across. Better luck next time!

August 2, 2006 at 12:54:00 PM EDT  
Blogger EntrepreneurNI said...

There is no point that I am trying to make to convince anonymously browsing people. This is my blog and my opinions. I also do not profess the knowledge whether the child is dead or not. Reuters does (as you might have seen in the credits)

August 2, 2006 at 1:08:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there is no point that you are trying to make to anonymously browsing people, then I take it that you are only trying to make a point to the poeple that read your blog on a regular basis and that have the same view point as you? If you are going to try to make a logical arguement about something, shouldn't it hold up to any scrutiny? Anonymous or not? By the way, I tried to sign up for your blog but every username I tried to enter was not available.

August 2, 2006 at 1:52:00 PM EDT  
Blogger EntrepreneurNI said...

Actually, I like criticism. Criticism is how we refine ourselves and grow.

You are welcome to my blog anytime to scrutinize what I write and reject or uphold my arguments. :-)

August 2, 2006 at 2:05:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know you, however you seem to be very smart, open, understanding and I like the fact that you admit to be open to criticism. Thats a good quality in people that very few have. I don't know if I will ever come back here to post again but the exchange was good none the less. Take care.

August 2, 2006 at 2:14:00 PM EDT  
Blogger EntrepreneurNI said...

thanks! you just made a bad day into a great one! :-)

August 2, 2006 at 2:45:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home