Saturday, May 05, 2007

Of growing older

I got my first white hair when I was 12. It one of those flukes of nature that don't repeat until they REALLY start repeating.

Last week, I noticed my first wrinkles (just forming) around my eyes.

This has put me in a moral quandary. According to my thoughts and what I actually like, I am actually excited about getting it (I am the person who likes white hair, wrinkles and charm :) )
BUT, I am also someone who does everything in her power not to give her future self any room for regrets.

So, my dilemma is that what if my future self changes her mind? What if she doesn't want to look old?

I am simply being ambivalent!

I should base my decisions for my future self on my present self's likes/dislikes. 'cause otherwise it is just a pandora's box of 'what if's.
Also, my choice lies between my current confirmed belief or future hypothetical belief.

Putting it this way makes the decision a no-brainer: Feel free to go around showing it off!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Anomalizer said...

If the future you will be concerned about growing old, then move from Hollywood, FL to Hollywood, CA ;-)

May 7, 2007 at 10:26:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Dee*pee*ka said...

Sur,

1. I had to cut your name short because although surabhi is pretty, Sur (as in "musical note" sur)matches your personality.

2. My mom swears to keep me out of sun. She also use half the ingredients from her pantry on my face to keep me LOOKING young. and how it I can't help but to feel annoyed and a little bit insecure in these situations. It makes me feel that perhaps it is not normal for a septuagenarian to look like the way most of them do...you know the wrinkles that maybe caused by stress, enjoying too much time out in the sun or perhaps you just make a lot of faces. Then I think to myself, I would not want to give up enjoying life even if it means some lines on my face. I wouldn't want to give up expressing the ups and down of my life just to achieve so called youth. I think we as society put too much emphasis on defining beauty and less time enjoying the beautiful things around us everyday.

As for you my beautiful Sur, you're going to be much like myself, aging with grace and not letting gray hair, wrinkles or flabby arms define your youth.


Dipika

PS: Don't let regret be your worry for you will not make it your choice

May 12, 2007 at 6:57:00 PM EDT  
Blogger AlterinG Abhishek said...

OMG!!!

u actually can /try to/ think what your future self "MAY" think!!!

WHOAPAA!

:)
very very interesting entry...
what an insight into the mind of person!!
of what all u think!!

June 13, 2007 at 4:18:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home