Monday, September 17, 2007

The Trip

This one is already turning out to be crazier than ANY trip we have ever taken. And I am including the ones where my dad would make us walk for tens of miles on steep mountains, stay in tents and eat weird Army food.

After about 150 emails and a month of strenuous planning by four people we still have to get the visas, book a few hotels, figure out car rentals and even get a few dictionaries!

Even more fantastic is that we have to get from Delhi to Amritsar and catch a flight from there! It will probably be a train ride about 12 hours long.

Oh and I forgot to mention that this is the FIRST trip ever where I am not booking even one aspect online! It was an ordeal even trying to find flight schedules online. We finally got a travel agent in NY but they don't take credit cards so we have to make a money order and send it in.

I am not even mentioning the things A's father is doing to enable us to make these trips. He even had to put in a word to get my passport renewed. I should remember to send him a thank you card with all the work he has put in!

I am appreciating the following favorites of mine more by the day:
www.Hotwire.com, travel.yahoo.com, www.virtualtourist.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home