Thursday, September 21, 2006

Yahoo Mail Beta

The new Yahoo mail rocks! It is a huge improvement on any of the online mail clients including the over-hyped Gmail.

*

The Yahoo maps beta was already a huge step ahead of its competition. I can't live without their multiple destination mapping utility.

During my trip to Bahamas, I will have to use a physical map! Can you imagine NOT using printed directions (for those of us unfortunate enough not to have a GPS)?!

But, just for emphasis, I love Yahoo maps (beta). :-)

*

Those people at Yahoo must be smart ( even if they are too much of Windows-Haters) ;)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing beats Gmail... I would really like to know how does Yahoo Mail better Gmail ?? I used the beta for a while and it seemed nothing more than a web version of Thunderbird and was too bulky and too slow..

As far as map services are concerned... check out what Ask.com has to offer... the best I have used till now...

September 23, 2006 at 12:55:00 AM EDT  
Blogger EntrepreneurNI said...

I never really got into gmail. It didn't have any hugely distinguishing features for me.
I like yahoo mail beta:
1. It has tabbed email browsing
2. built-in RSS reader
3. Keyboard shortcuts ( press n for new mail)
4. It is online
5. Drag n Drop mails to sort
6. Easy (drag n drop/ automatic) addition of contacts
7. A timeline calendar at the bottom of the screen
8. A LOT of customizable options

I haven't used thunderbird but the differentiating factor is, of course, that Yahoo mail is online. Outlook gives better features than most but is not online.


I had never used Ask, i didnt even know they had map services but it is great! It has 'walking directions'!!! Just what i needed.
Thanks.
(will still use yahoo maps for other stuff cause there is no search-on-the-map + other stuff on ask)

September 25, 2006 at 1:51:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok ok... half the features you have listed there... might not have been there when I used the beta...

but again... the best thing about Gmail is that:
1. it is light-weight...
2. AJAX driven
3. Stores emails as *conversations*
4. One can apply multiple labels to emails...

3rd and 4th points being the most important...

September 28, 2006 at 2:54:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home