Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Outsource or not?

We are expanding pretty fast and I am faced with a tough decision- should we outsource our sales or not? Having inside-sp is good and usually makes sense. But, lately I have realised that we are not very good salespeople managers. It is a full time job just keep their spirits up and drive them forward.


Outsource
  1. Faster expansion
  2. Better management (I am not a salesperson)
  3. Better results?
  4. Less stress inhouse
Not
  1. Might be more expensive
  2. Hidden Costs?
  3. Less control over the process

At this moment, thus, I am very inclined to outsource our sales. Let's see.

3 Comments:

Blogger The thinking thinker said...

I would never be in favour of outsourcing sales. As quality drops to minimal levels - and it is the sales people, who are the face of your company.

Think about it!!!

June 21, 2006 at 3:23:00 AM EDT  
Blogger EntrepreneurNI said...

When I say Outsource, I do not mean Outsource to another country. I mean some company giving us people in our office but managed by them.

June 21, 2006 at 11:35:00 AM EDT  
Blogger The thinking thinker said...

I don't beleive in outsourcing critical functions like sale to anybody. I too understand outsource can be to people sitting in your office, another firm in same country, another firm in different country.

Outsourcing critical functions like sales always hurts in long run.

June 22, 2006 at 5:37:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home