Saturday, August 16, 2008

My Brother

My Brother.
I owe many things to you.

Looking over your shoulder, while you became a geek.
I owe my love for PCs and geeks alike, to you.

Playing Tarzan on roof-tops, while you broke your limbs,
I broke mine with you, I owe my sense of adventure, to you.

Eves dropping on your phone calls,
I owe my value of silence, to you.

Standing behind you on one foot as you cycled,
I owe my sense of balance, to you.

Practicing gymnastics, trying to beat you and only you,
I owe my diligent nature, to you.

Holding your hand while tincture was applied to my wounds,
I learned not to cry, with you.

Following the WWF and wrestling,
I learned to defend myself, with you.

Watching your experiments,
I learnt my love for science, with you.

Following you to college, applying to only the one in which you studied,
I found my life there, cause of you.

You never did teach me to write, though.
Your gift was always your own.
And so, you have to read this.
But even then I say, Bhaiya,
I owe who I am to you.


I love you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Suramya said...

Thats so nice.. I wish I was as good as you in writing poems but I am not. So a simple "Thanks" and I love you will have to suffice even though its pretty inadequate.

- Suramya

August 18, 2008 at 10:44:00 AM EDT  
Blogger EntrepreneurNI said...

Thank you!! well, I had to do something! considering the awesome Rakhi gift that I just nicked! :)))

August 20, 2008 at 8:06:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home